A very creative and cute idea to go along with your rustic themed wedding, pie in a jar! These easy DIY wedding favors are a great personal thank you for celebrating a very important day with you.
6 4oz. Mason Jars
Pie Crust Pre-packaged
2 12oz. cans of Cherry or Apple Pie filling
2 TBS of sugar
1 Lg. egg well beaten
Heart shaped cookie cutter
Ribbon & Tags to decorate
- Preheat your oven to 325°
- Roll out the packaged pie crust until you have a thin layer. To make it easier you may want to cut into 6 sections and then roll into a thin layer.
- Firmly press your pie crust into each mason jar until the jars are lined to the rim. Reserve some dough as toppers. Use the heart shaped cookie cutter on the reserved dough to cut out hearts.
- Fill the jars with the filling of your choice.
- Place jars onto a cookie sheet and bake for 30-35minutes or until crust is light golden brown.
- Take out the jars and place the heart shaped dough on top. Brush the hearts with the egg and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for an additional 10-15minutes until golden brown on edges. To stop hearts from burning, place foil on top.
- Remove the jars and let cool on a rack.
- Once they are cooled you can begin to decorate with ribbon, tags or labels. Be creative!
Wedding guests can enjoy your homemade dessert as a take home token from your wedding. They will love the personal touch and creativity of these wedding favors.
*Recipe from http://rusticweddingchic.com/pie-in-a-jar